Monday, February 9, 2009

She is Love

At Jon McLaughlin Show:
The second opener for Jon McLaughlin sets up and immediately starts into "She Is Love." The girl behind me (average age at the concert was about 18 or 19) squeals, "I can't believe they're starting with this song. I thought they'd save it for last." I recognized the song. It was the Nivea commercial song!

Side Note:
I don't watch very much television, and most of the television I watch is on the internet (limited/ internet specific ads). While I was home I watched an excessive amount of television, thus an excessive amount of commercials. Every commercial break I'd say to myself, "Please let that Nivea commercial come on..."

Continuing...
The band was fantastic. Singer had a great voice, drummer was in the zone, sax player was energetic (especially during the Billy Joel cover), the bassist was grooving and the guitarist had some great solos. I haven't seen an opening band with this much potential since I saw the Fray open for Ben Folds several years ago. And these guys are much more talented than The Fray. Look out, because they're going somewhere quickly.

Their single releases this Tuesday on iTunes. Check it out...

2 comments:

A said...

I am getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday. How many did you have taken out and can you please share your experience with me. thank you and god bless.

Kheili said...

Soooo, I have not heard anymore of this guy's music other than the 30 seconds from the commercial, but he reminds me of Matt Wertz. Would you agree?