Thursday, February 12, 2009

Adams, Ryan


I am reminded every time RA plays on shuffle that this musical mastermind is quitting. I mean, if I had his hard life... coupled with hearing loss... I might quit too. But man, this news still kills me.

Just months ago, my boyfriend and I were sitting in the Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie listening to Ryan Adams and the Cardinals play. Little did we know it would be the last Adams tour in the great state of Texas.

3 of the first 5 songs were: Come Pick Me Up, Everybody Knows and Wonderwall. I remember thinking, "How could this get better?"

And it did.

From the crowd: Freebird!!!! Freebird!!!!!
Adams: Grandpa? Did someone say grandpa? Grandpa, if you're here, you should come play the Whirly.

From the crowd: RYAN ADAMSSSSS!!!!!
Adams: Hey guys, stop yelling my name. I'm in a band right now. The Cardinals.
From the crowd: CARDINALS!!!!!

Obviously it was a fantastic show (with a huge gong on stage, by the way), but I would have gone solely to hear the commentary.

Even you have to spend inordinate amounts of money to see Ryan Adams and the Cardinals before the end of their tour next month, DO IT.

No comments: