Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ra Ra

Sort of like a cheerleader. Or sort of like a tiger. Either way, one of my new favorite bands: Ra Ra Riot.

Now for a trip down memory lane...

While I was interviewing in Boulder, CO, I stumbled upon an awesome record store called Albums on the Hill- They had an insane collection of new and used vinyls. I was there right after the release of Ray LaMontagne's God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise and Ra Ra Riot's Orchard, so I figured I'd pick them up along with Herbie Hancock's River: The Joni Letters.

Since moving to Dallas, I've discovered some great places to hear live music, my favorite being the Granada on Greenville Ave. That's where I heard Ra Ra Riot live. Loved 'em on vinyl, and they were even better live. (It's always depressing when artists are worse live...) Plus, any band with a cello and violin is good in my book.

No comments: