Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random Music Moment

Sufjan Stevens and David Crowder
My boyfriend and I were sharing his iPhone listening to music on the way home from Koh Samet. A song by Sufjan Stevens came on, and I was curious to see the song title because it was really compelling. Did I have it on my computer or was this my first time hearing it? I would have asked to see it then, but he was in possession of the iPhone and was completely conked out- I didn't want to wake him. When I came home I entered "Sufjan Stevens" in my iTunes search bar to find the two Sufjan albums I have (I have more on vinyl than on mp3) and strangely a David Crowder song- "O God Where Are You Now (In Pickerel Lake? Pigeon? Marquette? Mackinaw?)." This was very confusing to me. I re-entered it. Still, it was there. What's this all about, I thought. Google- here I come! Findings? Sufjan Stevens wrote this song for Crowder's album A Collision or (3+4=7).

No comments: