Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Soundtracks (count me in!)

I'm not much of a soundtrack buff- especially when it comes to film scores. There Will Be Blood is the last time I even noticed a film score, and it was due mostly to the credits, where I found out Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead was the composer.

And then there was Revolutionary Road. (Yes, this is old news considering the last time I saw this movie was over a month ago.) When I first saw the trailer, I was so drawn into the film. Why, you ask? The music. So compelling. And then I saw it. Twice. The music kept me coming back for more. It's not the I didn't enjoy the movie... or the acting... or the plot... I just really, really loved the score.



So, who is this mystery composer? His name: Thomas Newman.

Other movies he's composed scores for:
-Cinderella Man
-Road to Perdition
-Shawshank Redemption
-American Beauty

Yeah, he's awesome.

No comments: